Friday, 31 May 2013

Edith

Today was a thoughtful Friday . It marked the 11th anniversary of my grandmothers death . This past week ,as a whole has been so confusing and complicated due to family issues . But today when my mother, sister and my self visited and cleaned her grave , it felt like the first time in a long time i had a clear head of thoughts . For some reason walking through the cemetery gives a peaceful,  yet also dark atmosphere to wanderers by . I almost felt like being there made me feel more alive .

Whilst staring at her grave stone and playing one of her favourite songs on my phone out loud , it felt like a surreal illustration of life that is often dictated in pop music videos , from artist like Lana Del ray . 

 Following this thought i wrote a poem in her memory ;

On the 31st of may
when they rest beside your grave
they will always say ,

alberta , alberta ,
edith albetha 

forever in our thoughts , 
forever in our thoughts

On the 31st of may
Just another summer day
they will always say ,

alberta , alberta ,
edith albetha

forever in our thoughts , 
forever in our hearts 

               Red rose from the Rosa genus. (©).Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment